In the realm of ceramic slabs designed for architecture and home furnishings,
Laminam slabs are designed for a number of furnishing applications. As you will see in this article, the surfaces are very versatile, durable, and easy to care for and design with. Yet, knowing a bit about how to work with the material will yield the best results.
Laminam Ceramic Slabs
Laminam ceramic slabs are designed for a number of uses throughout the realm of interior design. Laminam's latest technology offers the texture of natural stone materials with the durability and ease of care that comes with ceramic and porcelain surfaces. Notice what the company's website says regarding this technology.
In addition to the superior technical performance levels, which are far above those of materials more commonly used for horizontal surfaces... ...IN-SIDE Technology is based on the mixture of natural raw materials with variable grain size which results in a textured blend, typical of natural stones.
In addition to innovative technology Laminam also is versatile for all sorts of uses. Because of the versatile nature of the material it can used liberally throughout your project. Notice the following statement, also taken from the company's website:
The Laminam ceramic slabs in the 1620x3240mm size are designed for the world of furnishings, as horizontal surfaces ranging from tables to kitchen and bathroom worktops. Thanks to their excellent technical performance, Laminam slabs are ideal for the most delicate of uses, requiring maximum hygiene and resistance.
So the material certainly has the properties necessary to to be used for a range of projects. But what about the color palette? Will the colors fit with various styling?
Laminam offers a variety of colors in a number of collections. These collections offer the designer the ability to create works that fit a number of
design styles that are popular. Here are the color collections available from Laminam at the time of this writing:
- BIANCO ASSOLUTO
- BIANCO ASSOLUTO LUCIDATO
- NERO ASSOLUTO
- TRAVERTINO GRIGIO VENATO BOCCIARDATO
- STATUARIO ALTISSIMO SOFT TOUCH
- STATUARIO ALTISSIMO LUCIDATO
- STATUARIO ALTISSIMO
- STATUARIO ALTISSIMO BOOK MATCH
- STATUARIO ALTISSIMO LUCIDATO BOOK MATCH
- STATUARIO ALTISSIMO SOFT TOUCH BOOK MATCH
- INVISIBLE WHITE SOFT TOUCH
- INVISIBLE WHITE LUCIDATO
- INVISIBLE WHITE
- CALACATTA MICHELANGELO SOFT TOUCH
- CALACATTA MICHELANGELO LUCIDATO
- CALACATTA MICHELANGELO
- CALACATTA MICHELANGELO BOOK MATCH
- CALACATTA MICHELANGELO LUCIDATO BOOK MATCH
- CALACATTA MICHELANGELO SOFT TOUCH BOOK MATCH
- ARABESCATO LUCIDATO
- BIANCO LASA
- BIANCO LASA LUCIDATO
- BIANCO STATUARIO VENATO SOFT TOUCH
- BIANCO STATUARIO VENATO BOOK MATCH
- BIANCO STATUARIO VENATO LUCIDATO
- BIANCO STATUARIO VENATO LUCIDATO BOOK MATCH
- BIANCO STATUARIO VENATO SOFT TOUCH
- BIANCO STATUARIO VENATO SOFT TOUCH BOOK MATCH
- BLUE STONE
- CALACATTA ORO VENATO
- CALACATTA ORO VENATO BOOK MATCH
- CALACATTA ORO VENATO LUCIDATO
- CALACATTA ORO VENATO LUCIDATO BOOK MATCH
- CALACATTA ORO VENATO SOFT TOUCH
- CALACATTA ORO VENATO SOFT TOUCH BOOK MATCH
- DIAMOND CREAM
- DIAMOND CREAM LUCIDATO
- EMPERADOR EXTRA
- EMPERADOR EXTRA LUCIDATO
- NERO GRECO
- NERO GRECO LUCIDATO
- NOIR DESIR
- NOIR DESIR LUCIDATO
- OROBICO GRIGIO
- OROBICO GRIGIO LUCIDATO
- PIETRA DI SAVOIA ANTRACITE BOCCIARDATA
- PIETRA DI SAVOIA GRIGIA BOCCIARDATA
- PIETRA DI SAVOIA PERLA BOCCIARDATA
- PIETRA GREY
- PIETRA GREY LUCIDATA
- STATUARIETTO BOOK MATCH
- STATUARIETTO LUCIDATO
- STATUARIETTO LUCIDATO BOOK MATCH
- TAUPE FIAMMATO
- TAUPE LUCIDATO
So the design palette is definitely expansive enough to be used in the project of your choice. Knowing the best color an texture to use for a design or architectural project is important, yet how to fabricate the material and what tools to use also plays a significant role.
Installing Laminam Ceramic Slab Countertops
When it come to installing Laminam countertops it is important to follow some basic practices for the installation. Fabricating with ceramic surfaces has some specific requirements that need to be employed for the best results. Some installation and fabrication professionals choose to use the following steps when installing Laminam surfaces:
- Install a foam board surface to the base cabinets on which you are going to install the countertop surface.
- Install the Laminam slab to the foam board surface that you installed to the base cabinets in the previous step.
- Give the install a 24 hour wait time to allow the installation to cure.
- Using diamond tipped tools, proceed with the measuring and templating of all the cut outs in the countertop surface. Note: perform hole cuts from the top down.
When working with Laminam ceramic slabs it is important that the proper tools and supplies are used. Having a
diamond blade designed for cutting ceramic materials will yield the best results. Blades designed for that purpose have the proper specifications to make the cut cleanly and quickly when used in the proper manner.
Laminam Care & Maintenance
The care of Laminam surfaces is relatively easy. These surfaces are designed with ease of care and maintenance in mind. Here are some of the properties of Laminam surfaces:
- Non-porous Surface
- Indoor and Outdoor Uses
- Heat Resistant
- Chemical Tolerant
- Stain Resistant
The above list highlights the benefits to selecting Laminam as your countertop surface. Since the material is non-porous, you can rest assured that it is non absorbent. Therefore, it does not absorb liquids that can cause the material to stain. All discolorations then, remain on the surface and can be treated without having to get the stain remover into the pores of the material. But what is needed for removing dried on surface stains?
The cleaner or chemical that you use to remove a surface stain will depend on the type of stain it is. However, because Laminam is resistant to all sorts of treatments, you merely need to know which substance is needed to clean a given stain. Laminam is resistant not only to detergents and cleaners but also acids, alkalines and solvents; chemicals that would damage other kinds of surfaces.
For daily cleaning, all sorts of cleaners can be used for the day in and day out cleaning of Laminam surfaces. A number of cleaners and stain removers are available through any of our distributors.
In the end, Laminam surfaces are among a host of new surface types that combine innovation with proven technology to produce a material that is durable, versatile, and easy to care for.