Home > About Us > History
History

About Our History

Tenax comes from a long history with over a half century in the stone industry.

1956

Established in S.Ambrogio di Valpolicella (Verona) under the name “F.lli Bombana Angelo e Guido”, the company began to produce mastic for the local and international markets.

1960

In addition to the initial product, it began to create synthetic abrasives and abrasives in magnesian for marble.

History of Tenax Image One

1980

Following the premature death of Tenax's founder, Mr. Angelo, management of the company was passed on to his sons Igino and Alberto Bombana.

1981

The company became Tenax S.p.A. and began to produce abrasives in magnesian for granite, and polishes for marble.

History of Tenax Image Two

Since 1992

The company confirmed its presence on the market, by introducing new products, such as diamond coated abrasives, cutting tools, diamond coated abrasives with synthetic binder and epoxy resins.

History of Tenax Image Three

The Evolution

The development of the Tenax company does not stop at the extension of its already wide range of products, and in 1998 it begins to develop its international branches.

Branches are set up in Brazil, United States, Spain, India, Tuscany, Turkey, South Africa and China.

In the light of fifty years of activity, Tenax's industrial indices record non-stop progressive improvement. This result is obtained through its continuous capacity to renew itself and to satisfy the requirements of current and newly penetrated markets.

History of Tenax Image Four